What is the Pediatric Course?
An ideal training solution for schools, child care providers, youth sports coaches, and others required to learn how to respond to medical emergencies involving children in approximately 5-6 hours. This versatile program is based upon the 2010 CPR and First Aid Guidelines, Caring for Our Children, 3rd Ed; and other evidence-based treatment recommendations.
Who Should Take this Course?
Individuals who desire or are required to be certified in Pediatric First Aid, CPR, and AED. These courses are only scheduled for groups of 10 or more and can be delivered onsite.
Available Formats for ASHI Pediatric
- First Aid Provider
- Recognizing an Emergency and Deciding to Help
- Personal Safety
- Legal Considerations
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Respiratory and Circulatory Systems
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Early Defibrillation
- Chain of Survival
- Chest Compressions
- Rescue Breaths
- Primary Assessment -- Unresponsive Child
- Unresponsive and Breathing
- Unresponsive and Not Breathing--CPR
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Basic AED Operation
- Troubleshooting and Other Considerations
- Primary Assessment -- Responsive Child
- Secondary Assessment
- Control of Bleeding
- Internal Bleeding
- Managing Shock
- Head, Neck, or Back Injury
- Swollen, Painful, or Deformed Limb
- Minor Wounds
- Objects in the Eye
- Chemicals in the Eye
- Injured Tooth
- Warning Signs of Sudden Illness
- Altered Mental Status
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort in the Chest
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- Bites and Stings
- Heat Exhaustion
- Heat Stroke
- Emergency Moves
- Emotional Considerations
Some states require a review and approval of a program before being used to train child care providers. ASHI has submitted the program for approval in those states.
Certification earned through this program **may not** be accepted for occupational licensing in child care in the following states:
Arkansas | California | Connecticut | Iowa | Kentucky | Louisiana | Missouri | Nevada | Pennsylvania | Tennessee | Vermont
Purchase of a course is NON-REFUNDABLE, but may be rescheduled within 60 days from purchase.